Cameron Threatens to Block EU Newcomers over Migration Fears
British Prime Minister David Cameron has threatened to block new countries from joining the EU unless stricter immigration controls were introduced.
The story was reported by The Mirror.
According to the article, Cameron has thrown the shock veto bombshell after a tense Brussels summit between leaders of EU Member States, which was also the last one for 2013.
He has claimed the right to work anywhere in the EU was being abused by immigrants who drain his country's welfare system, labeling mass migrations from Eastern Europeans a "disaster."
The PM has urged thorough checks before any new countries were allowed in. He has given as example Turkey, Macedonia, Serbia, Albania and Bosnia.
Cameron's main demand is a new treaty to regain power over Britain's borders at least until 2017 when the country is to hold a referendum on EU membership.
- » 15 Parties, 6 Coalitions, 6 Independent Candidates Run in EU Elections
- » 50 Bulgarian Municipalities Face Bankruptcy over Financial Corrections
- » MEPs Oppose South Stream, Seek Sanctions against Russian Energy Firms
- » EC Rejects Suspending Rural Development Payments to Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria "Could Remain EU's Poorest Country Even after 2020"
- » MEPs Seek Mandatory "Made-in" Labeling to Boost Product Safety
What if to check the own capabilities (including the mental ones) before wedding...... in order to avoid the senile grumbling after it?