Aston Villa Too Eye Bulgaria's Simeon Slavchev
Aston Villa is the latest team to show interest in Bulgaria's energetic midfielder Simeon Slavchev, who has been dubbed the ‘Bulgarian Lampard’.
As they broke the news, British media compared the 20-year-old Bulgarian to England and Chelsea star Frank Lampard as he loves to press forward and support his attack at Litex Lovech.
Slavchev has been successful in causing mayhem in the opposition penalty area this term he has scored 14 goals in 22 appearances for his club this season.
Earlier this month it emerged that Russia's Zenit St. Petersburg is ready to pay EUR 4 M in January to sign the talented young Litex Lovech player.
The news came on the heels of reports that Roma and Tottenham are also interested in Slavchev, and that their representatives have gotten in touch with Litex for negotiations.
The sum that Zenit is ready to pay exceeds Roma and Tottenham's bids by about EUR 1 M.
Despite the increasing transfer talks, the player's agent is firm that he is committed to his current club and will complete the season in Bulgaria.
- » Bulgaria’s Stiliyan Petrov Plays Charity Match for Leukemia
- » Bulgaria’s Dimitrov Beats Haase in Indian Wells
- » CSKA Beats Levski in Bulgarian Derby
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov, Roger Federer Practice Together
- » Bulgaria’s Pironkova Suffers 1st Round Loss in Indian Wells
- » Bulgaria Beats Belarus 2:1 in Friendly Match