Cash-Strapped Staff of Bulgarian Machine Building Co to Receive BGN325
Workers of the Bulgarian machine building company Remotex, who have not received salaries for ten months, will receive a one-time benefit payment of BGN 325.
Labor and Social Policy Minister Hasan Ademov declared Friday that a total of around 550 workers of the Radnevo-based company were living in extreme poverty.
Economy and Energy Minister Dragomir Stoynev and Ademov are to visit the company later on Friday to get acquainted with its problems.
"We decided to support workers who have no other source of income. They will have to apply for the one-off benefit payment and the ones who match the requirements will receive assistance before Christmas,"Ademov said, as cited by mediapool.bg.
He reminded that Bulgarian employers owed a total of BGN 69 M in unpaid salaries to workers.
Ademov also informed that Bulgaria's General Labor Inspectorate had conducted 27 859 thousand inspections in the period June 1, 2013 – November 30, 2013 at a total of 23 361 companies with a total headcount of 990 099, with 123 077 violations detected.
As a result of the inspections, delayed wages worth over BGN 20 M were paid, Ademov added.
The employees of Remotex, a private machine building company, staged a number of protests over salaries delayed by nearly a year. A total of 561 workers of the company expect to receive around BGN 3.5 M.
Bulgarian Economy and Energy Minister Dragomir Stoynev suggested recently that the state could buy the majority stake in the company.
- » Russian Energy Minister: We Will Proceed with South Stream
- » Construction of New Coastal Station at Port Varna Kicks Off
- » Bulgaria Will Fight for South Stream Gas Pipeline – Energy Minister
- » Bulgaria's Foreign Minister: Gas Supply Disruptions Not Ruled Out
- » Bulgaria Has Second Highest Growth of New Car Sales in Q1
- » Turkish Airlines Launches Direct Flights Varna – Istanbul