Bulgaria Sees Minimal Drop in Crimes for 2013
Crime rate in Bulgaria has dropped by 1% this year, announced the Interior Minister Tsvetlin Yovchev.
"Despite this minimal drop of 1%, it is a huge achievement, considering the 25% decrease in operational staff of the ministry", commented Yovchev during the awards ceremony for Policeman of the Year, reports Focus.
"The colleagues achieved exceptional results in breaking organized crime groups, narcotics labs, and contraband goods", added the Interior Minister.
Yovchev also praised the tireless work of the police in protecting the public order during the anti-government protests in the capital Sofia.
- » Bulgaria's Common Crime Op Results in 26% Crime Drop – IM
- » 2008 Case over Fake Signature of Ex Sofia Mayor Borisov Enters Court
- » Bulgaria Police Find DNA Evidence of Organizer of Burgas Bus Bombing
- » 2 Masked Men Rob Bank Office in Bulgaria's Yambol
- » Armed Man Plunders Gas Station in Bulgaria's Sofia City
- » Bulgaria Police Uncover Tax Fraud Worth over BGN 30 M