Bulgaria Sees Minimal Drop in Crimes for 2013
Crime rate in Bulgaria has dropped by 1% this year, announced the Interior Minister Tsvetlin Yovchev.
"Despite this minimal drop of 1%, it is a huge achievement, considering the 25% decrease in operational staff of the ministry", commented Yovchev during the awards ceremony for Policeman of the Year, reports Focus.
"The colleagues achieved exceptional results in breaking organized crime groups, narcotics labs, and contraband goods", added the Interior Minister.
Yovchev also praised the tireless work of the police in protecting the public order during the anti-government protests in the capital Sofia.
- » Chief Secretary of Interior: 2 Tonnes of Drugs Seized since January
- » CEPACA Distrains Property of Nesebar Mayor and Chief Architect
- » Trial Against Bulgaria's ex-IntMin Adjourned Again
- » Int'l Police Operation Busts Bulgarian Credit Card Fraud Ring
- » Bulgarians Busted for Heroin Traffic in Greece
- » IntMin Secretary Warns of Abuse in Sofia Municipality