Bulgaria Launches Online Railway Tickets
Bulgaria's State Railways (BDZ) has launched its online ticket-purchase system.
Online tickets for 12 of the main routes, passing through 55 stations are available, reports the daily Dnevnik. By the summer of 2014, most other routes will also be included.
Passengers can reserve a maximum of 5 tickets, up to 24 hours before the train's departure.
"The online ticket system is based on the most contemporary IT technology and has been fully designed by the Transport Ministry", commented Minister Danail Papazov.
Papazov added that stabilizing the financially troubled BDZ is among his ministry's priorities.
"The company's debts in the beginning of June were over BGN 700 M. Now they are BGN 625 M", specified Papazov.
He assured that agreements have been made to finance more of BDZ's debt repayment.
- » Bulgaria's Northern Coast Preferred by Romanians on Easter
- » Bulgarians To Spend BGN 300 M on Easter Travels
- » Turkish Airlines Launches Direct Flights Varna – Istanbul
- » 500,000 Bulgarians to Travel During Easter Holidays
- » Bulgaria Is Romanian Tourists' All Inclusive Paradise
- » Climate Change Poses Threat to Ski Tourism in Bulgaria - Report