Bulgaria Launches Online Railway Tickets
Bulgaria's State Railways (BDZ) has launched its online ticket-purchase system.
Online tickets for 12 of the main routes, passing through 55 stations are available, reports the daily Dnevnik. By the summer of 2014, most other routes will also be included.
Passengers can reserve a maximum of 5 tickets, up to 24 hours before the train's departure.
"The online ticket system is based on the most contemporary IT technology and has been fully designed by the Transport Ministry", commented Minister Danail Papazov.
Papazov added that stabilizing the financially troubled BDZ is among his ministry's priorities.
"The company's debts in the beginning of June were over BGN 700 M. Now they are BGN 625 M", specified Papazov.
He assured that agreements have been made to finance more of BDZ's debt repayment.
- » London and Rome Lure Bulgarian Tourists for Easter
- » Bulgaria To Launch Tourism Campaign in Germany
- » 6000 Austrian Pensioners To Go On Vacation In Bulgaria's Sunny Beach
- » Bulgaria's Burgas Seaport To Become Hub for Cruise Ships
- » Turkish Airlines Launches Direct Flight Varna-Istanbul in May
- » Bulgaria's Prosecution Confirms Doubts for Violations in Bansko