Levski Progress in Bulgarian Cup After Penalty Thriller Against CSKA
Levski Sofia qualified for the quarterfinals of the Bulgarian Cup after defeating arch-rivals CSKA 7:6 on penalties in the country's biggest derby.
The match finished 0:0 in regular time, the same score as in the first leg between the sides. This meant that the game would go into extra time.
The 30 minutes of extra times were also goalless, and the teams proceeded to penalty kicks.
In an epic battle, where both sides took 9 penalties each, the "blues" came out on top with 7:6.
This was the last match in Bulgarian football for the year, after which the clubs go on winter break.
Levski will face Botev Plovdiv in the quarterfinals of the Cup.
- » CSKA Beats Levski in Bulgarian Derby
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov, Roger Federer Practice Together
- » Bulgaria’s Pironkova Suffers 1st Round Loss in Indian Wells
- » Bulgaria Beats Belarus 2:1 in Friendly Match
- » Bulgarian Stoichkov Enters Daily Mail ‘Top 100 World Cup Heroes’
- » Bulgarian Balakov in Pole Position to Take Over Stuttgart