Thracian Gold Returns to Sofia's History Museum
Sofia's National History Museum, NIM will showcase the Thracian gold treasures in its exhibition "Legends Come to Life".
Until recently, the Thracian gold was being exhibited at the State History Museum in Moscow.
The golden ornaments and household items tell a lot about the culture of the ancient Thracians.
The exhibition can be viewed starting December 22, with the first two days being free of charge. After several months, the gold will leave Bulgaria once again, to be showcased abroad.
- » Thracian Polearm Among Archaeological Finds in Bulgaria's Perperikon
- » Bulgarian Archaeologists Discover 11th Century Rakia Distillation Vessel
- » Bulgarian Archaeologists 'Looking for Constantine the Great Statue'
- » Tool Workshop Dated 4800 BC Discovered in NE Bulgaria
- » Star of Ancient Sozopol 'Possibly Served as Model for Macedonia's Coat of Arms'
- » Archaelogists Discover Roman Kilns, Water Well in Bulgaria’s Pavlikeni