Thracian Gold Returns to Sofia's History Museum
Sofia's National History Museum, NIM will showcase the Thracian gold treasures in its exhibition "Legends Come to Life".
Until recently, the Thracian gold was being exhibited at the State History Museum in Moscow.
The golden ornaments and household items tell a lot about the culture of the ancient Thracians.
The exhibition can be viewed starting December 22, with the first two days being free of charge. After several months, the gold will leave Bulgaria once again, to be showcased abroad.
- » Egypt's 'Indiana Jones' to Reveal Details of Tutankhamun's Death in Sofia Lecture
- » Archaeologists Explore Bulgaria's Submerged Cultural Heritage in Black Sea
- » Specialists from Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein to Explore Bulgaria's Perperikon
- » Bulgarian Govt Halts Restoration of Ancient Serdica Site in Sofia
- » Bulgarian Archaeologists Discover Roman Coin Hoard in Downtown Sofia
- » Excavations Unveil One of Five Most Important Temples for Bulgarian Archaeology