Thracian Gold Returns to Sofia's History Museum
Sofia's National History Museum, NIM will showcase the Thracian gold treasures in its exhibition "Legends Come to Life".
Until recently, the Thracian gold was being exhibited at the State History Museum in Moscow.
The golden ornaments and household items tell a lot about the culture of the ancient Thracians.
The exhibition can be viewed starting December 22, with the first two days being free of charge. After several months, the gold will leave Bulgaria once again, to be showcased abroad.
- » 13-year-old Boy Unearths Lost Treasure of 10th Century Danish King
- » Red-Figure Krater Unearthed in Bulgaria
- » Archaeologists Have Discovered a Roman Tomb in the Courtyard of the Medical University in Plovdiv
- » Medieval Grave Excavated in Southern Bulgaria
- » Archaeologists Find Medieval Grave with Skeleton with Arrow in Chest in Bulgaria’s Plovdiv
- » Archaeologists May Have Discovered Ancient Thracian, Roman Town Scaptopara, Precursor of Bulgaria’s Blagoevgrad