Bulgarian Police Braces for Major Football Derby
Police in Sofia have informed of planned increased presence of officers in the city on Thursday due to the football cup fixture between arch-rivals Levski and CSKA.
The police have not revealed numbers officers to be deployed, saying that this will be flexibly determined by circumstances.
The match on Thursday is the second game between the teams in a 1/8-final for the Bulgarian football cup, the first endin at a 0:0 draw.
Fixtures between CSKA and Levski have at times been notorious for provoking major hooligan acts.
Thursday's game will be played 4 pm at the Vasil Levski National Stadium in downtown Sofia.
- » Nobel Laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez Dies Aged 87
- » Bulgaria's GERB Spent BGN 1.4B on Pensions – Deputy Health Minister
- » Bulgaria To Spend Another BGN 35 M On Refugees
- » 56% of Bulgarians Say Religion Has a Positive Role in Society
- » Bulgaria's Population Decreasing and Aging – NSI
- » Aspiring Member States Risk Violating EU Pollution Limits