Bulgarian Police Braces for Major Football Derby
Police in Sofia have informed of planned increased presence of officers in the city on Thursday due to the football cup fixture between arch-rivals Levski and CSKA.
The police have not revealed numbers officers to be deployed, saying that this will be flexibly determined by circumstances.
The match on Thursday is the second game between the teams in a 1/8-final for the Bulgarian football cup, the first endin at a 0:0 draw.
Fixtures between CSKA and Levski have at times been notorious for provoking major hooligan acts.
Thursday's game will be played 4 pm at the Vasil Levski National Stadium in downtown Sofia.
- » Bulgaria's Government Expands Protected Areas
- » Bulgaria To Expand Its Stem Cell Bank
- » Overflowing Dam Floods Villages In NW Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Government To Spend BGN 7.2 M On Subsidized Employment
- » Sofia Art Provocateurs Paint Garbage Containers for Earth Day
- » Sofia, Stara Zagora Finalists in Bloomberg European City Contest