Bulgarian Police Braces for Major Football Derby
Police in Sofia have informed of planned increased presence of officers in the city on Thursday due to the football cup fixture between arch-rivals Levski and CSKA.
The police have not revealed numbers officers to be deployed, saying that this will be flexibly determined by circumstances.
The match on Thursday is the second game between the teams in a 1/8-final for the Bulgarian football cup, the first endin at a 0:0 draw.
Fixtures between CSKA and Levski have at times been notorious for provoking major hooligan acts.
Thursday's game will be played 4 pm at the Vasil Levski National Stadium in downtown Sofia.
- » Bulgaria Commemorates 71 Years of Rescue of Jews
- » Dream Theater To Play in Sofia
- » Brits Saved in Bulgaria's Pirin Mountain Rescue Operation
- » Code Yellow Issued in 15 Bulgarian Districts
- » 'Out of Ukraine' Flashmob Held in front of Russian Embassy in Sofia
- » 11-Year-Old Boy Dies in House Explosion in Bulgaria's Sevlievo