Klitschko: Ukraine Protests Must Continue to Victory
Pro-EU protests in Ukraine should not give up must stay in the streets until reaching their goal, stated opposition party Udar leader and former world boxing champion Vitali Klitschko.
"We must not leave the maidan for as long as it is needed to achieve victory - be it a week, two, a month or more," said Klitschko, speaking on Kiev's Independence Square overnight.
"We demand a new goverment for our country, a new parliament, and a new president," stated the opposition leader.
Massive protests in Ukraine erupted after end of November the government announced it has decided not to sign an Association Agreement with the EU.
For many Ukrainians, this signalled a moving away from Europe towards ever closer ties with Russia.
- » South Korean Ferry Death Toll Tops 150
- » Lavrov Warns Russia Could Act in Ukraine as It Did in Georgia
- » Possible Malaysian Plane Debris Found in Australia
- » Ukraine's 'Anti-Terrorist' Operation Continues
- » Crimean Tatar Leader Barred from Entering Russia
- » Russia Bans Military and Police from Traveling Abroad