Bulgaria Appoints New Investigative Service Head
Evgeni Dikov has been expectedly elected as the new head of Bulgaria’s National Investigative Service.
Dikov, the only candidate for the job, was elected unanimously by Bulgaria’s Supreme Judicial Council, with 23 of the 24 judicial body members voting in favor of the appointment, while only one abstained.
The head of the National Investigative Service (NIS) also functions as a Deputy Chief Prosecutor.
The previous NIS chief Boyko Naydenov filed his resignation on November 4, citing personal reasons.
Evgeni Dikov has over 30 years of legal experience. He has worked as a deputy district attorney, and district attorney of Sofia, a Sofia City Prosecutor, as well as in the Prosecutor’s Office of the Republic of Bulgaria.
- » Bulgaria to Spend BGN 31.5 M on Repairing Second-, Third-Class Roads
- » Bulgarian Parliament to Mark 135th Anniversary of Tarnovo Constitution
- » Parliament Finally Overturns Audit Office Act Veto
- » Bomb Signal Alerts Sofia Courthouse
- » Ex-President Parvanov: Early Elections Are Pressing
- » Bulgarian President Vetoes Amendments to Agricultural Land Act