Sofia Clerk Stabber Charged for Previous Crime
The Sofia City Prosecution has charged Salahedin bin Aladdin with attempted murder, for a crime committed in May.
The Algerian national fell under the spotlight after robbing a store in Sofia’s Pirotska Street and stabbing the clerk, later escaping to Greece, where he was detained.
It was revealed that Aladdin is suspected of committing a series of other crimes throughout the year. On May 27, not far from where he attacked the store clerk, Aladdin had stabbed numerous times Tihomir Vladimirov, putting his life in danger.
A Bulgarian national, Aleksandar Simeonov, is charged with assisting Aladdin in hiding from the authorities, reports Focus. He also attempted to get rid of evidence connected to the attack.
- » US Embassy in Sofia's Ex-Employee Investigated over 'Mafia Links'
- » Bulgarian Court Overturns Marijuana Grower Acquittal
- » Bulgarian Clinic Reportedly Involved in Organ Transplants Ring
- » Bulgarian Customs Officers Bust Synthetic Drug Trafficking Channel
- » Bulgaria Is Leader in Skimmer Attacks – Report
- » Boss of US ATM Fraud Scheme 'Has Ties to Bulgarian Underworld'