Bulgarian Govt Hands Out Christmas Bonuses
The Bulgarian government assumed the role of Santa Claus, paying out over BGN 22 M in the days before Christmas.
The Social Ministry will receive BGN 12 M out of the Budget gift bag. The rest of the funds will be distributed among Bulgarian Posts, the Council of Ministers, as well as for the access to public TV broadcast in places where there is insufficient DTT coverage.
The Social Ministry will use the funds to settle due allowances and benefits for the handicapped, for heating and medical examinations for those in the lowest income bracket.
The Bulgarian Posts will receive BGN 1 M as a partial compensation for the unjust financial burden of carrying the standard postal service in the Postal Services Act of 2011. The compensations amount to BGN 12.548 M and so far BGN 8.5 M have been paid.
A total of BGN 600 000 will be distributed among 84 municipalities in 24 districts to ensure access to public TV broadcast to those who cannot afford paid TV services.
The city of Varna will be granted BGN 500 000 for the renovation of the City Palace of Culture and Sports.
Another government decree provides additional BGN 9.1 M which will go to the co-financing of operational programs as well as to the 28th Air Detachment – the government aircraft.
- » Bulgaria's Ex-FinMin to Enter Supervisory Council of Russian VTB Bank
- » Consortium of 3 Banks to Sell Bulgarian Govt Bonds Worth BGN 3 B
- » EC Puts Italy, France on Economic Watch-List, Praises Spain
- » Bulgarian Municipalities Demand 2-3% of Personal Income Tax
- » Bulgaria's Employee GDP Increases by 2.3% - NSI
- » Bulgaria's Banks Record BGN 72.4M Profit in Jan 2014