Bulgarian National Investigative Service Appoints New Chief
The Bulgarian Supreme Judicial Council (SJC) will appoint the new chief of the National Investigative Service on Wednesday.
The only candidate for the position is Sofia City Prosecutor Evgeni Dikov, who was proposed by the Chief Prosecutor Sotir Tsatsarov and members of the SJC.
The head of the National Investigative Service (NIS) also functions as a Deputy Chief Prosecutor.
The previous NIS chief Boyko Naydenov filed his resignation on November 4, citing personal reasons.
Evgeni Dikov has over 30 years of legal experience. He has worked as a deputy district attorney, and district attorney of Sofia, a Sofia City Prosecutor, as well as in the Prosecutor’s Office of the Republic of Bulgaria.
Dikov was also an investigator in the National Investigative Service.
- » Bulgaria to Spend BGN 31.5 M on Repairing Second-, Third-Class Roads
- » Bulgarian Parliament to Mark 135th Anniversary of Tarnovo Constitution
- » Parliament Finally Overturns Audit Office Act Veto
- » Bomb Signal Alerts Sofia Courthouse
- » Ex-President Parvanov: Early Elections Are Pressing
- » Bulgarian President Vetoes Amendments to Agricultural Land Act