Bulgaria’s Birth Rate Record Low in 2013
Bulgaria will most likely face its lowest year of birth rates since the count began in 1945.
So far during 2013, 59 143 babies have been born. Should births continue at the same rate, the figure at the end of the year would be 61 643. This will be over 7 000 less than the previous year, and the lowest since 1945, writes the daily Trud.
According to Health Minister Tanya Andreeva, the number will be 4 500 less than 2012.
She added that in 2014, the Ministry will attempt to tackle the negative trend through the reproduction assistance fund.
- » Rallies In Support of Russia To Be Held in Bulgaria
- » Butterflies in Bulgaria's Parliament Part Of Reality Show
- » Bulgarian Journalist Held Up at Gunpoint in Crimea
- » Sand Sculptures Festival to Take Place in Burgas
- » Tori Amos To Perform in Sofia
- » Masked Man Releases Swarm of Butterflies in Bulgaria's Parliament