Bulgaria’s Birth Rate Record Low in 2013
Bulgaria will most likely face its lowest year of birth rates since the count began in 1945.
So far during 2013, 59 143 babies have been born. Should births continue at the same rate, the figure at the end of the year would be 61 643. This will be over 7 000 less than the previous year, and the lowest since 1945, writes the daily Trud.
According to Health Minister Tanya Andreeva, the number will be 4 500 less than 2012.
She added that in 2014, the Ministry will attempt to tackle the negative trend through the reproduction assistance fund.
- » Bulgaria's Government Expands Protected Areas
- » Bulgaria To Expand Its Stem Cell Bank
- » Overflowing Dam Floods Villages In NW Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Government To Spend BGN 7.2 M On Subsidized Employment
- » Sofia Art Provocateurs Paint Garbage Containers for Earth Day
- » Sofia, Stara Zagora Finalists in Bloomberg European City Contest