Bulgaria’s Birth Rate Record Low in 2013
Bulgaria will most likely face its lowest year of birth rates since the count began in 1945.
So far during 2013, 59 143 babies have been born. Should births continue at the same rate, the figure at the end of the year would be 61 643. This will be over 7 000 less than the previous year, and the lowest since 1945, writes the daily Trud.
According to Health Minister Tanya Andreeva, the number will be 4 500 less than 2012.
She added that in 2014, the Ministry will attempt to tackle the negative trend through the reproduction assistance fund.
- » Earthquake Felt in Bulgaria's Chirpan
- » Heavy Rains, Floods, Car Crashes on Holy Saturday in Bulgaria
- » Jerusalem Holy Fire to Arrive in Bulgaria’s Plovdiv on Holy Saturday
- » Code Yellow Issued in 16 Bulgarian Districts Over Heavy Rain
- » Bulgarian Drivers Advised to Put Winter Tires
- » Orthodox Bulgarians Mark Good Friday