Bulgaria's Stan Excels at Villa's Christmas Wrapping Challenge
At the end of an year, which saw his courageous battle with leukaemia and official retirement from football, Bulgarian midfielder Stiliyan Petrov proved his high class in a very different field.
The Bulgarian ranked second in Aston Villa's Christmas wrapping challenge after coming in at 1:21,61 minutes.
The father of two boys sported as usual his wide and charming smile, which has turned into his brand and stayed strong despite the hardships.
Stiliyan Petrov, a long-time player for Celtic and Aston Villa, which he also captained, was diagnosed with acute leukaemia in March 2012.
In May 2013, Stan officially announced his retirement from football.
- » Bulgaria’s Stiliyan Petrov Plays Charity Match for Leukemia
- » Bulgaria’s Dimitrov Beats Haase in Indian Wells
- » CSKA Beats Levski in Bulgarian Derby
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov, Roger Federer Practice Together
- » Bulgaria’s Pironkova Suffers 1st Round Loss in Indian Wells
- » Bulgaria Beats Belarus 2:1 in Friendly Match