Bulgaria's Stan Excels at Villa's Christmas Wrapping Challenge
At the end of an year, which saw his courageous battle with leukaemia and official retirement from football, Bulgarian midfielder Stiliyan Petrov proved his high class in a very different field.
The Bulgarian ranked second in Aston Villa's Christmas wrapping challenge after coming in at 1:21,61 minutes.
The father of two boys sported as usual his wide and charming smile, which has turned into his brand and stayed strong despite the hardships.
Stiliyan Petrov, a long-time player for Celtic and Aston Villa, which he also captained, was diagnosed with acute leukaemia in March 2012.
In May 2013, Stan officially announced his retirement from football.
- » Legendary Martin Petrov to Retire in Summer
- » Ferrer Eliminates Dimitrov from Monte Carlo Masters
- » Bulgaria’s Dimitrov to Face Third Consecutive Spaniard
- » Bulgaria Bids to Host Homeless World Cup 2016
- » Difficult, But Successful Start for Dimitrov in Monte Carlo
- » Georgi Mladenov Becomes Bulgaria’s National Basketball Coach