Bulgarian Refugee Agency Increases Staff
The Bulgarian State Agency for Refugees (DAB) will increase its staff by 120 people, announced its head Nikolay Chirpanliev.
Over 40 new staff members will be sent to the refugee reception center in Harmanli, where there are no DAB representatives so far, said Chirpanliev, quoted by TV Evropa.
The UNHCR in Bulgaria has criticized DAB for the poor conditions at the center in Harmanli, as well as the slow procedure
Bulgaria has received over EUR 6 M in humanitarian aid from the EU and other international donors.
Chirpanliev is also hopeful that the Refugee Agency can fit in the 21-day period for determining the status of asylum seekers.
- » Heavy Rains, Floods, Car Crashes on Holy Saturday in Bulgaria
- » Jerusalem Holy Fire to Arrive in Bulgaria’s Plovdiv on Holy Saturday
- » Code Yellow Issued in 16 Bulgarian Districts Over Heavy Rain
- » Bulgarian Drivers Advised to Put Winter Tires
- » Orthodox Bulgarians Mark Good Friday
- » Nobel Laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez Dies Aged 87