Rare Candid Sharapova on Bulgarian Boyfriend: I've Been Blessed
Prominent Russian player Maria Sharapova has spoken for the first time openly about her relationship with Bulgaria's rising tennis star and beau Grigor Dimitrov.
“It’s nice to see somebody that’s next to me that is building their own life and becoming their own individual, respecting me at what I’m doing, giving me my life but being a huge part of it.
It’s a very difficult combination to find in any relationship, but I’ve been really blessed to have that.” Sharapova said in an interview for The New York Times.
Sharapova was once engaged to the former N.B.A. player Sasha Vujacic, but they split in 2012, the year Sharapova won the French Open.
“I had a challenging last year with going through a breakup while winning a Grand Slam,” she said.
“So it’s nice. I’m in a nice place in my life definitely, and I think I’m much more grateful now for the things I have just because I feel I’ve experienced a lot, so if I’m able to come home and be happy with someone, it’s because I’ve learned from the past.”
Rumors of the relationship between the Russian tennis princess and Grigor Dimitrov were confirmed this summer, after they were caught in Madrid showing their affection for each other.
- » Bulgaria Bids to Host Homeless World Cup 2016
- » Difficult, But Successful Start for Dimitrov in Monte Carlo
- » Georgi Mladenov Becomes Bulgaria’s National Basketball Coach
- » Michael Schumacher Showing 'Signs of Progress'
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Climbs to 14-th Place
- » Bulgaria's Blagoy Ivanov Records 11 Wins, Reaches MMA Bellator Finals