Bulgarian Deputy PM to Lead Unemployment Discussion
Bulgaria’s National Council for Tripartite Cooperation will meet to discuss measures for dealing with unemployment in the country.
The meeting will take place at the Ministerial Council from 10 AM and will be led by the Deputy Prime Minister and Justice Minister, Zinaida Zlatanova, reports Standartnews.
The council will discuss next year’s strategies for how to improve the incorporation of young university graduates into the labor market, as well as low-qualified unemployed and people with disabilities.
Possible amendments to the Labor Code will also be on the agenda.
The Bulgarian government has put aside BGN 73 M for employment programs in 2014.
According to Eurostat data from October, Bulgaria’s unemployment rate is 13.2%. However, the figure for youth unemployment is particularly disturbing, with nearly 1/3 of that group being out of work.
- » Rallies In Support of Russia To Be Held in Bulgaria
- » Butterflies in Bulgaria's Parliament Part Of Reality Show
- » Bulgarian Journalist Held Up at Gunpoint in Crimea
- » Sand Sculptures Festival to Take Place in Burgas
- » Tori Amos To Perform in Sofia
- » Masked Man Releases Swarm of Butterflies in Bulgaria's Parliament