Bulgaria, China Seek to Deepen Parliament Ties
China and Bulgaria have declared they would seek to further enhance bilateral exchanges and the cooperation of their parliaments.
On Monday, Bulgarian Parliament Speaker Mihail Mikov met in Beijing with China's top legislator Zhang Dejiang, chairman of the Standing Committee of the National People’s Congress.
"China's National People's Congress (NPC) attaches high importance to relations with the Bulgarian parliament, and is willing to strengthen their exchanges on legislation and governing the country," Zhang said, according to Xinhua.
He added that the two parliamentary bodies should promote cooperation and try to create better legal environment for cooperation in trade, investment, technology and tourism.
He also called on the two sides to give full play of friendly groups of legislators to push forward people-to-people communication, so as to consolidate the social foundation of China-Bulgaria friendship, Xinhua informs.
- » EU Approves EUR 1 B Aid Package to Ukraine
- » Ex-FM Solomon Passy: Bulgaria Is Only a Trojan Pawn of Russia
- » UNSC Fails to Agree on Ukraine amid Renewed Clashes
- » Russia's Ambassador to Bulgaria: We Will Respond to EU Sanctions
- » Anders Fogh Rasmussen: NATO-Bulgaria Relations Mutually Beneficial
- » Russia Warns Its Citizens to Avoid Foreign Travel