Bulgaria, China Seek to Deepen Parliament Ties
China and Bulgaria have declared they would seek to further enhance bilateral exchanges and the cooperation of their parliaments.
On Monday, Bulgarian Parliament Speaker Mihail Mikov met in Beijing with China's top legislator Zhang Dejiang, chairman of the Standing Committee of the National People’s Congress.
"China's National People's Congress (NPC) attaches high importance to relations with the Bulgarian parliament, and is willing to strengthen their exchanges on legislation and governing the country," Zhang said, according to Xinhua.
He added that the two parliamentary bodies should promote cooperation and try to create better legal environment for cooperation in trade, investment, technology and tourism.
He also called on the two sides to give full play of friendly groups of legislators to push forward people-to-people communication, so as to consolidate the social foundation of China-Bulgaria friendship, Xinhua informs.
- » UAE Lifts Visas for Bulgaria and 12 Other EU Member States
- » FM Vigenin: Bulgaria Supports Ukraine's Independence
- » FM Vigenin to Visit Kiev, Discuss Bulgarian Minority Rights
- » Russian Envoy to Bulgaria Backs Peaceful Resolution of Ukraine Crisis
- » Trade Between Bulgaria and Turkey Could Double
- » Bulgaria, Turkey to Ink Trilateral Border Center Agreement within days