New Delay in Bulgarian 'Cocaine King' Extradition Ruling
The Sofia City Court has postponed yet again its verdict on Romania's claim for the extradition of drug lord Evelin Banev, aka Brendo, in order to be tried there.
Brendo was sentenced by an Italian court to 20 years in jail in July, as part of a trial called the "Cocaine Kings".
Later, he was returned to Bulgaria in order to appear in court for another trial. Meanwhile, Romania has appealed for his extradition, so Brendo can be tried there as well.
The magistrates postponed the verdict once in October, and earlier in December, in order to familiarize themselves further with the case's documents.
The next hearing is scheduled for January 21.
- » 2 Masked Men Rob Bank Office in Bulgaria's Yambol
- » Armed Man Plunders Gas Station in Bulgaria's Sofia City
- » Bulgaria Police Uncover Tax Fraud Worth over BGN 30 M
- » Bulgaria's Dogan Attacker Sentenced to 3.6 Years in Jail
- » Bulgaria's Notorious SAPARD Fraud Case Misfires Again
- » English Chelsea Fans Stabbed in Istanbul Clashes