Bulgaria's Pulev Arrives Home After Defending IBF Belt
Bulgaria's heavyweight boxing champion Kubrat Pulev received a warm welcome at the Sofia airport on Sunday night, upon his arrival from Germany.
Pulev earned yet another prestigious win on Saturday evening, when he defeated American Joey Abell in Neubrandenburg with a TKO in the 4th round, thus defending his IBF world title belt.
Pulev arrived in Sofia around 11 PM, and was greeted by his girlfriend, pop-folk diva Andrea, and his brother Tervel. There were also dozens of fans waiting for autographs.
"I hope this is the last time they switch my opponent 3 days before the fight. I was nervous, because I knew little about him, and he plays with an opposite guard. Perhaps that's why I tried to stay back a little more and defend in the first rounds", commented the Bulgarian champion.
Pulev also thanked all Bulgarians who supported him, both in front of the television sets, as well as those present in the arena.
It now seems inevitable that Pulev will achieve his big dream of facing the world super-champion Wladimir Klitschko, most likely in 2014.
- » Legendary Martin Petrov to Retire in Summer
- » Ferrer Eliminates Dimitrov from Monte Carlo Masters
- » Bulgaria’s Dimitrov to Face Third Consecutive Spaniard
- » Bulgaria Bids to Host Homeless World Cup 2016
- » Difficult, But Successful Start for Dimitrov in Monte Carlo
- » Georgi Mladenov Becomes Bulgaria’s National Basketball Coach