Colorado Gunman Wounds Classmates, Commits Suicide
A student opened fire at a Colorado high school on Friday, wounding at least two classmates before apparently taking his own life.
The suspect brought a shotgun to the school and was looking for a specific teacher when confronted by a classmate, the Arapahoe County sheriff said.
The gunman entered Arapahoe High School in Centennial at 12:33 local time (19:33 GMT), according to officials.
Upon the initial reports of a shooting, heavily armed police trained in "active shooter" scenarios stormed the building, ordering students outside with their hands over their heads.
The 15-year-old female student who confronted and was shot by the suspect was in serious condition and undergoing surgery in hospital, the sheriff said, according to the BBC.
Inside, they found another student who had apparently suffered a minor gunshot wound.
Authorities also found the student believed to be the gunman, dead from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound.
- » South Korean Ferry Death Toll Tops 150
- » Lavrov Warns Russia Could Act in Ukraine as It Did in Georgia
- » Possible Malaysian Plane Debris Found in Australia
- » Ukraine's 'Anti-Terrorist' Operation Continues
- » Crimean Tatar Leader Barred from Entering Russia
- » Russia Bans Military and Police from Traveling Abroad