Bulgarian Cabinet Support-Petition Reaches 1.4 M
Supporters of the Bulgarian Prime Minister Plamen Oresharski have submitted an additional 660 000 signatures in support of the current Socialist-led coalition cabinet.
With that, the total number of signatories to the petition are close to 1.4 million, from all parts of the country, revealed Stoyan Todorov from the "New Social Contract" initiative, cited by BGNES.
Plamen Oresharski met with citizens from the initiative and thanked them for the support they have given him.
"Constructive criticism is welcome. I am not a person who cannot take criticism. In fact, praises bother me more", said the Prime Minister.
Todorov believes the government has demonstrated willingness to address key problems and openness to dialogue from the very beginning of its term in office.
The petition was initiated as a means to show that despite ongoing anti-government protests, the cabinet enjoys wide public support as well.
- » Leader of DPS Party Vows Firm Support for Bulgaria's Coalition Govt
- » Bulgarian Socialists' Leader Warns Against Substitution of Politics
- » Bulgarian PM Highlights Main Achievements, Future Commitments
- » Bulgaria's PM to Meet Journalists at Open Govt Conference
- » Poll: 3-5 Bulgarian Parties to Enter EP after May 2014 Vote
- » Ukrainian Envoy to Bulgaria: Cuting Gas Supplies in No One's Interest
LOL Tania sheepie is a new word to me, I had to look it up.
Yes some Government supporters can be sheepie because the know this government is better for Bulgaria than the right wing alternative.
I like the current Government because it involves all the parties - A GERB President, Socialists, Turks and support from the Nationalists. Few countries in the world have this kind of inclusive structure.