Facebook Introduces New Auto-Playing Videos Feature
The Facebook's News Feed has introduced a new auto-playing feature for videos.
Until now, Facebook's News Feed has always been still. Videos did not auto- play on the background, and no animated GIFs were allowed. But Facebook is putting the feed in motion for the first time with the auto-play videos, Techcrunch.com informed.
The new feature will be particularly useful for advertisers whose videos will start to play as soon as one scrolls over them. The videos stay silent unless clicked on, and any external videos that appear in the feed as previews of links do not auto-play at all, giving Facebook-hosted videos an advantage.
At first, the company will take into account users' reviews of the auto-playing videos. The video ads will not be launched immediately, nor will they flood the News Feed. The feature may become available to the media as an easy way to distribute short videos of important events.
- » US, Russia Exchange Harsh Rhetoric over Ukraine
- » Putin Warns Russians Internet Is 'CIA Project'
- » Kosovo Extends EULEX Mission, Creates War Crimes Court
- » Serbian Parliament 'Complete', Govt to Be Announced Saturday
- » Deaths Reported in Ukraine's Slaviansk Operation
- » No Breakthrough in US-Japan Trade Deal