Homemade Bomb Goes Off near Sofia Court House
An improvised explosive device went off late on Thursday in a building in 5 Tsar Asen Str near the Sofia Court House.
The building mostly houses law offices and a translation agency.
The bomb was placed in front one of the offices.
Nobody was injured but the incident caused material damages.
The signal for the incident was received at 9.21 pm on Thursday, according to the press office of the Interior Ministry.
A team of police officers inspected the site on Thursday night, with investigative activities still underway on Friday.
People living in the building told the BGNES news agency that the bomb had been planted in front of the door of a translation agency, adding that there was a law office right next to it.
Asked to comment on the matter, the lawyer ruled out the option of an attack against him, stressing that he handled primarily civil matters and had never received threats.
Other neighbors suggested that the bomb had been misplaced, the actual target being the office of a private enforcement agent.
The private enforcement agent, however, informed that he was in the process of moving in in that office and rejected suggestions that he had been the target of the attack.
- » CEPACA Distrains Property of Nesebar Mayor and Chief Architect
- » Trial Against Bulgaria's ex-IntMin Adjourned Again
- » Int'l Police Operation Busts Bulgarian Credit Card Fraud Ring
- » Bulgarians Busted for Heroin Traffic in Greece
- » IntMin Secretary Warns of Abuse in Sofia Municipality
- » Police Disarm Barricaded Man in Bulgaria's Cherniche Village