Bulgaria Celebrates 20 Years in Francophonie
Bulgaria celebrated the 20th anniversary of its accession to the Organisation internationale de la Francophonie (OIF) in the capital city Sofia.
The celebration was organized by the French Embassy in Bulgaria and completed a year-round series of events and initiatives devoted to French culture and education organized by the French Institute in Bulgaria.
Bulgaria joined the Francophone community, first as an associate member in 1991, and then as full member in 1993.
Bulgaria is actively involved in the functioning of Francophone institutions. A Francophone Institute of Administration and Management (IFAG), and a language center, which opened in Sofia in 1995 were both established at the initiative of the Bulgarian country.
- » ‘Spirit of Burgas 2014’ Festival Canceled over Low Funding
- » Violinist Vesko Eschkenazy Receives His Personality in the News Award
- » The Offspring To Play The Entire 'Smash' Album In Sofia
- » Veliko Tarnovo Applying for UNESCO World Heritage Site
- » International Roma Day to be Marked in Bulgaria
- » Sofia Celebrates 135 Years As Bulgaria's Capital