Bulgaria's 2012 GDP per Capita Ranks Last in EU
Bulgaria and Romania are reported with the lowest gross domestic product per capita for 2012 among the EU's then 27 member states.
According to the Eurostat’s estimate, Bulgarians' purchasing power comprises 47% of the EU GDP/capita average, with 50% for Romania.
Luxembourg ranks highest with GDP of 263% of the average. The country is followed by Austria with 130%, Ireland, the Netherlands, Sweden, Denmark, Germany and Belgium with GDP index of 20%-30% above the EU average.
Bulgaria ranks last in the EU in terms of actual individual consumption (AIC) per capita in 2012 with 49% of the EU average. Romania follows with 50%. The AIC per capita leader is Luxembourg with 138%, next come Germany and Austria.
- » Bulgarian Gas Reserves in Chiren Depot to 'Enough for 45 Days'
- » Bulgaria's New Debtors – Young Adults With No Stable Income
- » Bulgarian Banks Increase Their Profit In 2013
- » Qatar Interested in Tourism, Real Estate Investments in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's Third Countries Trade Tumbles in Jan 2014
- » Ancient Roman Fortress Restored in Bulgaria's Montana