Bulgaria's 2012 GDP per Capita Ranks Last in EU
Bulgaria and Romania are reported with the lowest gross domestic product per capita for 2012 among the EU's then 27 member states.
According to the Eurostat’s estimate, Bulgarians' purchasing power comprises 47% of the EU GDP/capita average, with 50% for Romania.
Luxembourg ranks highest with GDP of 263% of the average. The country is followed by Austria with 130%, Ireland, the Netherlands, Sweden, Denmark, Germany and Belgium with GDP index of 20%-30% above the EU average.
Bulgaria ranks last in the EU in terms of actual individual consumption (AIC) per capita in 2012 with 49% of the EU average. Romania follows with 50%. The AIC per capita leader is Luxembourg with 138%, next come Germany and Austria.
- » Russia's Stroytransgaz 'Wants Share' of Bulgarian Energy Holding
- » China Partially Expands Foreign Access to Telecoms Market
- » Bulgaria to Host 2015 IMF, World Bank Meeting
- » Bulgaria Is Romanian Tourists' All Inclusive Paradise
- » New Coastal Center to Be Constructed At Bulgaria's Burgas Port
- » Climate Change Poses Threat to Ski Tourism in Bulgaria - Report