Westinghouse Set to Boost Bulgaria's Growth - CEO
Westinghouse is fully committed to help Bulgaria advance its energy sector, stated the company's CEO Danny Roderick in Sofia.
At the ceremony, Westinghouse CEO Roderick met and conducted talks with Bulgarian PM Plamen Oresharski.
"This is the start of our work together. We aim to build in Bulgaria a project that will follow the principles of energy structure according to the highest world standards," said Roderick after the meeting.
He further expressed hopes that the new unit at Kozloduy "will contribute to economic growth and energy security in Bulgaria."
Roderick explained that Westinghouse is committed to efficient and swift work on the project, but at the same time guarantees full transparency.
He also expressed satisfaction at the level of cooperation with relevant Bulgarian institutions, for which he thanked PM Oresharski.
The decision to start negotiations with Westinghouse was formally adopted by Bulgaria's cabinet Wednesday, soon after plans to that end were announced over the fall.
- » Construction of Bulgaia's Gas Link with Greece to Start End-2014
- » Audit at Power Distributor CEZ 'Showed No Lapse'
- » Large Bulgarian Companies Buy Electricity from Abroad
- » Germany Starts Gas Deliveries to Ukraine
- » Belene NPP 'to Be Built,' Vows Bulgaria's Ruling Party MP
- » Energy Ministry Blames GERB Govt for Debts of Bulgarian Power Co