Ennio Morricone in Sofia - Encore after Encore
The world renowned orchestra conductor and composer Ennio Morricone offered three encore performances at the end of his first concert in the Bulgarian capital Sofia.
Morricone performed with the orchestra of Classic FM radio and was accompanied by singer Susanna Rigacci and guitarist Rocco Zifarelli.
Tuesday's concert was Moriconne's last in 2013 and brought together more than 200 Bulgarian musicians, Classic FM's choir and orchestra, as well as talented Bulgarian jazz musician Teodosiy Spassov.
Earlier this year the honorary Oscar-winner Ennio Morricone was named European Cinema Composer 2013 by the European Film Academy for his score to GiuseppeTornatore's 'The Best Offer'.
On Wednesday, New Bulgarian University bestowed Maestro Ennio Morricone with Honoris Causa honorary degree.
Awarding this title is a sign for distinction and recognition of exceptional individuals. Honoris Causa is a prestigious academic degree, given to prominent persons of world or national significance. Usually it is received by leading scientists, discoverers, inventors, writers, musicians.
Ennio Morricone insists that he is unjustly considered as primarily a film music composer, since he has written more than 100 works which he calls 'absolute music intended for musically educated people'.
- » ‘Spirit of Burgas 2014’ Festival Canceled over Low Funding
- » Violinist Vesko Eschkenazy Receives His Personality in the News Award
- » The Offspring To Play The Entire 'Smash' Album In Sofia
- » Veliko Tarnovo Applying for UNESCO World Heritage Site
- » International Roma Day to be Marked in Bulgaria
- » Sofia Celebrates 135 Years As Bulgaria's Capital