BEH Head to Lead Bulgaria's Energy Watchdog
Boyan Boev is the new chairman of Bulgaria's energy watchdog, the Minister of Economy and Energy, Dragomir Stoynev, announced.
He will complete the term of Angela Toneva, who resigned Tuesday evening.
Earlier Wednesday, Bulgaria's State Commission for Energy and Water Regulation (DKEVR) confirmed its head Angela Toneva has resigned, citing stress.
She is expected to become adviser to Prime Minister Oresharski, the online "Dnevnik" news agency reports Wednesday, citing own sources. The government's press service told the agency that they still did not have such information.
Lilyana Mladenova will take the place of Mihail Dimitrov, member of the DKEVR board, who has also resigned.
"Last night I learned that Angela Toneva and Mihail Dimitrov have resigned. As I understand, the reasons are personal. Tensions in the watchdog are huge, but they are huge in the entire energy sector, because the system is completely unbalanced. In the energy sector there should be no sudden actions, each step must be thought out," said Stoynev. "
Until now, Boev was CEO of the Bulgarian Energy Holding (BEH).
- » CGN shows interest in Bulgaria's Belene Project
- » Bulgaria, Azerbaijan to Discuss Expansion of Trade, Economic Links Next Month
- » Bulgargaz Proposes 3.4% Increase of Gas Price for Q4 2016
- » Bulgaria PM: Belene N-Plant Should Be Built Privately with State Help
- » South Stream, Turkish Stream Are No Rival Projects - Russia Energy Min
- » Putin Demands from Bulgaria 'Rock-Solid Guarantee' for South Stream