More Clashes in Kiev, Protesters Fire Icy Water at Police
New clashes have erupted outside city hall in the Ukrainian capital Kiev after a night of scuffles as police tried to dislodge protesters.
Live feeds from the protests are showing protesters using hoses to fire icy water back at the police
The tense morning came after police moved in on a large protest camp in Independence Square.
But more demonstrators have joined the protest in response to an opposition call for solidarity.
The government's decision to withdraw from a free-trade deal with the EU last month sparked huge street rallies.
- » Floods Cause State of Emergency in 11 Serbian Municipalities
- » Turkish PM Inaugurates Drilling for Eurasia Tunnel
- » Austria to Receive 1000 Extra Refugees
- » Residents of France's Brittany Stage Rally to Demand Greater Autonomy
- » Christians Celebrate Easter, Pope Blesses World
- » South Korean Families Protest Over 'Slow' Rescue Operation