Sofia Airport Terminal 2 Expansion Put Into Operation
The expansion of the passenger gallery at Terminal 2 of Sofia International Airport was put into operation Tuesday.
The Sofia Airport is now equipped with 3 new exits and 3 entrances, thus boosting its capacity by 200,000 more passengers served per year.
Schengen and Non-Schengen passengers will enter through different corridors, as required by the EU Commission.
The investment is worth more than BGN 2 M, Bulgarian TV channel bTV informed.
According to Transport Minister Danail Papazov, who attended the airport opening ceremony, it is still undetermined whether Sofia Airport would be operated as a concession or its expansion and modernization would rely on EU funds.
"Some of the analyses of the Transport Operational Program are not yet finished. Based on them, we will decide whether the airport will be available for concession or not," Minister Papazov added Tuesday.
Sofia International Airport reports 10% more passengers in November 2013 compared to Nov. 2012. An increase in chartered flights is expected during the winter season.
- » Half of Bulgarian Employers Loosen Purse Strings on Easter
- » Some 200,000 Bulgarians Yet to File Tax Declarations - NRA
- » EU Does Not Consider South Stream Priority – Official
- » Russian Energy Minister: We Will Proceed with South Stream
- » Construction of New Coastal Station at Port Varna Kicks Off
- » Bulgaria Will Fight for South Stream Gas Pipeline – Energy Minister