Nelson Mandela Memorial Ceremony Opens with Interfaith Prayer
The memorial ceremony for the death of former South African President Nelson Mandela has begun with an interfaith prayer.
Leaders of the main religious denominations read out prayers for the late Nelson Mandela, and spoke of his legacy.
The Jewish, Hindu, Islamic, and Christian leaders united around the message of Mandela for peace and tolerance among races, faiths, and ethnicities.
The ceremony, taking place at the FNB Stadium in Soweto, Johannesburg, has brought together leaders of over 100 countries.
- » South Korean Ferry Death Toll Tops 150
- » Lavrov Warns Russia Could Act in Ukraine as It Did in Georgia
- » Possible Malaysian Plane Debris Found in Australia
- » Ukraine's 'Anti-Terrorist' Operation Continues
- » Crimean Tatar Leader Barred from Entering Russia
- » Russia Bans Military and Police from Traveling Abroad