Another Lenin Statue Toppled in Ukraine
Pro-EU protesters in Ukraine have vandalized another Lenin statue, this time in the southern town of Kotovsk.
Monday evening, unknown individuals have broken the top part of the sculpture and pieces have been found on the ground.
"Only the legs are left standing," town spokeswoman Yelena Khaustova has reported.
The prosecution has started a criminal probe for vandalism.
Hundreds of thousands of people have been protesting in Kiev's Independence Square for over two weeks now against the recent decision of Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych and his government to back out of a strategic deal with the EU and seek closer ties with Russia.
- » Three 'Shot Dead' in Clashes in Eastern Ukraine - Interior Minister
- » Government, Opposition in Venezuela Mark Progress in Talks
- » NATO to React "Immediately" on Ukrainian Crisis
- » South Korean Ferry Death Toll Climbs to 4, Many Missing
- » Putin, Lavrov Warn Against Use of Army in Eastern Ukraine
- » Serbia's Vucic Offers Socialists to Enter Coalition