Another Lenin Statue Toppled in Ukraine
Pro-EU protesters in Ukraine have vandalized another Lenin statue, this time in the southern town of Kotovsk.
Monday evening, unknown individuals have broken the top part of the sculpture and pieces have been found on the ground.
"Only the legs are left standing," town spokeswoman Yelena Khaustova has reported.
The prosecution has started a criminal probe for vandalism.
Hundreds of thousands of people have been protesting in Kiev's Independence Square for over two weeks now against the recent decision of Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych and his government to back out of a strategic deal with the EU and seek closer ties with Russia.
- » Ukraine's 'Anti-Terrorist' Operation Continues
- » Crimean Tatar Leader Barred from Entering Russia
- » Russia Bans Military and Police from Traveling Abroad
- » Russia Will Look for New Markets, Says PM Medvedev
- » US 'Shows Evidence' of Russian Soldiers in Eastern Ukraine
- » US Vice President Biden to Meet Ukraine's Yatsenyuk, Turchynov