Bulgaria on Alert for Strong Winds, Snow
A number of regions in Bulgaria have been told to be alert for strong winds on Tuesday.
Code yellow has been issued for the regions of Vidin, Montana, Vratsa, Pleven, Lovech, Veliko Tarnovo, Gabrovo, Ruse, Razgrad, Silistra, Dobrich, Varna, Targovishte, Shumen, Sliven, Burgas, Yambol, Haskovo and Kardzhali.
Winds with gusts of up to 20 m/s are expected in these areas, according to the National Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences.
Code yellow means potentially dangerous weather, where the forecast is not for unusual meteorological events, but requires people to exercise caution.
It will be cold with the maximum temperatures reaching between 2C and 6C.
Snow is also in the forecast, but the precipitations will subside by Tuesday evening.
- » EU Mulls Abandoning Carbon Tax For Intercontinental Flights
- » Bulgaria's Municipalities to Launch Eco Projects Worth BGN 180M
- » Two Light Earthquakes Registered in Bulgaria
- » 4.5 Earthquake Shakes Romania’s Vrancea
- » Bulgarian Environment Minister Praises Controversial Green Policies
- » Mild Earthquake Registered in Southwest Bulgaria