Ukrainian Opposition Party HQ Stormed by Police - Report
The party of Ukraine’s jailed former PM Yulia Tymoshenko said Monday that riot police had stormed its headquarters.
According to international media, Fatherland Party official Ostap Semerak said troops broke into the party's offices and were walking along its corridors while others were climbing in through the windows. He called the situation "crazy."
The statement was followed by a swift denial from local police authorities.
Ukrainian security forces moved into Kiev on Monday prompting fears among anti-government protesters that the authorities plan to use force to clear tent camps and barricades in the city center
Hundreds of thousands of people have been protesting in Kiev's Independence Square against the decision of President Viktor Yanukovich and his government to back out of a strategic deal with the EU and seek closer ties with Russia.
- » EU to impose sanctions on Russia Monday
- » Missing Malaysian Plane Tracked Off Western Coast – Report
- » Macedonia with Highest Share of Female MPs in Balkans
- » Stolen Passports on Disappeared Malaysia Plane Are 'No Terror Link'
- » Moscow Approves Humanitarian Aid to Sevastopol
- » Yanukovych: I Will Return to Kiev