Ukrainian Opposition Party HQ Stormed by Police - Report
The party of Ukraine’s jailed former PM Yulia Tymoshenko said Monday that riot police had stormed its headquarters.
According to international media, Fatherland Party official Ostap Semerak said troops broke into the party's offices and were walking along its corridors while others were climbing in through the windows. He called the situation "crazy."
The statement was followed by a swift denial from local police authorities.
Ukrainian security forces moved into Kiev on Monday prompting fears among anti-government protesters that the authorities plan to use force to clear tent camps and barricades in the city center
Hundreds of thousands of people have been protesting in Kiev's Independence Square against the decision of President Viktor Yanukovich and his government to back out of a strategic deal with the EU and seek closer ties with Russia.
- » Crimea to Complete Ruble-Switch in Coming Weeks
- » Ukrainian Govt Prepares Amnesty Bill
- » Sunken South Korean Ferry Death Toll at 28
- » Ukrainian Parliament Recommends Resumption Of Mandatory Conscription
- » Putin Admits “Little Green Men” in Crimea Were Russian Troops
- » Two Thirds of Rebel Fighters In Syria Are European Citizens