Domino’s Pizza CEO Defends Bulgarians against Immigration Hysteria
Domino’s Pizza CEO Lance Batchelor has declared that migrants should be allowed into the UK as they take jobs people in Britain refuse to do.
Batchelor has noted that his chain was unable to expand quickly enough because of a lack of people wanting to take jobs as drivers and chefs.
“There are a huge number of jobs at the bottom end of the service industry, and not enough people in the UK who want to work for them,” he said, as cited by The Telegraph.
Batchelor said rather than oppose the relaxing of rules on migrants from Bulgaria and Romania crossing the border from January 1, this could help the industry.
Earlier, Marks & Spencer boss Sir Stuart Rose also defended immigrants who come to Britain and are prepared to work longer hours for low wages.
The comments come amid fears that the UK will see an influx of immigrants from Bulgaria and Romania when working restrictions are lifted on January 1.
- » Bulgaria Reimbursed by EC for BGN 957M Aid Scheme for Farmers
- » Bulgaria, Romania Agree to Back Serbia's EU Bid
- » Bulgarians Among Most Frequently Expelled from Belgium in 2012
- » exPM Complains of Political Repression in Bulgaria to EC VicePresident
- » EU Funding to Boost Bulgaria's E-Governance
- » Bulgarian MEP Warns of Negative Impact of EU Visa Sanctions on Russia