Domino’s Pizza CEO Defends Bulgarians against Immigration Hysteria
Domino’s Pizza CEO Lance Batchelor has declared that migrants should be allowed into the UK as they take jobs people in Britain refuse to do.
Batchelor has noted that his chain was unable to expand quickly enough because of a lack of people wanting to take jobs as drivers and chefs.
“There are a huge number of jobs at the bottom end of the service industry, and not enough people in the UK who want to work for them,” he said, as cited by The Telegraph.
Batchelor said rather than oppose the relaxing of rules on migrants from Bulgaria and Romania crossing the border from January 1, this could help the industry.
Earlier, Marks & Spencer boss Sir Stuart Rose also defended immigrants who come to Britain and are prepared to work longer hours for low wages.
The comments come amid fears that the UK will see an influx of immigrants from Bulgaria and Romania when working restrictions are lifted on January 1.
- » Environment Ministry to Fine 87 Municipalities over EU Program
- » 15 Parties, 6 Coalitions, 6 Independent Candidates Run in EU Elections
- » 50 Bulgarian Municipalities Face Bankruptcy over Financial Corrections
- » MEPs Oppose South Stream, Seek Sanctions against Russian Energy Firms
- » EC Rejects Suspending Rural Development Payments to Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria "Could Remain EU's Poorest Country Even after 2020"