Bulgarian Socialists Breaking Belene NPP Promise, Says Ex-IM
Former Interior Minister Rumen Petkov claims that the Bulgarian Socialist Party is breaking its election promises regarding the Belene nuclear project.
The socialist ex-Interior Minister insists that there was no contradiction between the projects of Kozloduy NPP and Belene NPP. Petkov accused BSP of neglecting the Belene project.
According to him, the U.S. interest to have an American unit in Bulgaria was transparent.
"The Russian interest is also obvious. We should formulate our interest, as well", Petkov told NovaTV.
"The costs, the conditions and the Bulgarian taxpayers' liability concerning the new unit of Kozloduy NPP are unclear", he added.
Petkov commented that the Bulgarian Energy Strategy very clearly stipulated putting into operation of 2,000 MW of nuclear power capacity.
"Neglecting the Belene NPP project will backfire on us at the EU elections" Petkov warned.
- » EU Delays South Stream Talks with Russia
- » Bulgargaz To Lower Natural Gas Price in Q2
- » Rosatom Vows Regular Nuclear Fuel Supplies despite Ukraine Crisis
- » Bulgaria to Not See Electricity Price Hikes in Years – Socialist MP
- » Bulgaria Has Gas For Two Months
- » Westinghouse to Hire Bulgarian Subcontractors for Kozloduy NPP Unit7