Sofia Court to Review 'Cocaine King' Extradition to Romania
The Sofia City Court will review Romania's claim for the extradition of drug lord Evelin Banev aka Brendo, in order to be tried there.
At the beginning of July, an Italian court sentenced Banev on first instance to 20 years in jail in the trial against the so-called "Cocaine Kings".
He was later forced to come to Bulgaria only for the court sessions of the local trial against him.
Romania has asked Bulgaria to transfer them Banev, so he can be present in another trial against him.
In October, the Sofia City Court postponed its verdict on the extradition, claiming magistrates needed more information on the case.
- » 2008 Case over Fake Signature of Ex Sofia Mayor Borisov Enters Court
- » Bulgaria Police Find DNA Evidence of Organizer of Burgas Bus Bombing
- » 2 Masked Men Rob Bank Office in Bulgaria's Yambol
- » Armed Man Plunders Gas Station in Bulgaria's Sofia City
- » Bulgaria Police Uncover Tax Fraud Worth over BGN 30 M
- » Bulgaria's Dogan Attacker Sentenced to 3.6 Years in Jail