Sofia Court to Review 'Cocaine King' Extradition to Romania
The Sofia City Court will review Romania's claim for the extradition of drug lord Evelin Banev aka Brendo, in order to be tried there.
At the beginning of July, an Italian court sentenced Banev on first instance to 20 years in jail in the trial against the so-called "Cocaine Kings".
He was later forced to come to Bulgaria only for the court sessions of the local trial against him.
Romania has asked Bulgaria to transfer them Banev, so he can be present in another trial against him.
In October, the Sofia City Court postponed its verdict on the extradition, claiming magistrates needed more information on the case.
- » US Embassy in Sofia's Ex-Employee Investigated over 'Mafia Links'
- » Bulgarian Court Overturns Marijuana Grower Acquittal
- » Bulgarian Clinic Reportedly Involved in Organ Transplants Ring
- » Bulgarian Customs Officers Bust Synthetic Drug Trafficking Channel
- » Bulgaria Is Leader in Skimmer Attacks – Report
- » Boss of US ATM Fraud Scheme 'Has Ties to Bulgarian Underworld'