Sofia Court to Review 'Cocaine King' Extradition to Romania
The Sofia City Court will review Romania's claim for the extradition of drug lord Evelin Banev aka Brendo, in order to be tried there.
At the beginning of July, an Italian court sentenced Banev on first instance to 20 years in jail in the trial against the so-called "Cocaine Kings".
He was later forced to come to Bulgaria only for the court sessions of the local trial against him.
Romania has asked Bulgaria to transfer them Banev, so he can be present in another trial against him.
In October, the Sofia City Court postponed its verdict on the extradition, claiming magistrates needed more information on the case.
- » Greek Police Seized Fake EUR 50 Banknotes Possibly Printed in Bulgaria
- » Chief Secretary of Interior: 2 Tonnes of Drugs Seized since January
- » CEPACA Distrains Property of Nesebar Mayor and Chief Architect
- » Trial Against Bulgaria's ex-IntMin Adjourned Again
- » Int'l Police Operation Busts Bulgarian Credit Card Fraud Ring
- » Bulgarians Busted for Heroin Traffic in Greece