Bulgarian Orthodox Church Honors St Anna
The Bulgarian Orthodox Church and Orthodox Bulgarians celebrate Monday, December 9th, the Day of Saint Anna.
St. Anna, mother of the Virgin Mary, is honored as protector of the family, marriage, pregnant women, and birth.
According to the folklore, women must not work or do chores on this they because when they become pregnant they might miscarry or have a difficult delivery.
The icon of Saint Anna is traditionally decorated with flowers, and people leave gifts near it.
Females named Anna, Ana, Yana and males named Encho celebrate their name day on December 9th.
- » 'Out of Ukraine' Flashmob Held in front of Russian Embassy in Sofia
- » 11-Year-Old Boy Dies in House Explosion in Bulgaria's Sevlievo
- » Seven Women Die in EU Each Day Due to Domestic Violence
- » Men in High Heels March in Bulgaria's Sofia Against Gender Violence
- » Rallies In Support of Russia To Be Held in Bulgaria
- » Butterflies in Bulgaria's Parliament Part Of Reality Show