Bulgarian Orthodox Church Honors St Anna
The Bulgarian Orthodox Church and Orthodox Bulgarians celebrate Monday, December 9th, the Day of Saint Anna.
St. Anna, mother of the Virgin Mary, is honored as protector of the family, marriage, pregnant women, and birth.
According to the folklore, women must not work or do chores on this they because when they become pregnant they might miscarry or have a difficult delivery.
The icon of Saint Anna is traditionally decorated with flowers, and people leave gifts near it.
Females named Anna, Ana, Yana and males named Encho celebrate their name day on December 9th.
- » Orthodox Bulgarians Mark Good Friday
- » Nobel Laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez Dies Aged 87
- » Bulgaria's GERB Spent BGN 1.4B on Pensions – Deputy Health Minister
- » Bulgaria To Spend Another BGN 35 M On Refugees
- » 56% of Bulgarians Say Religion Has a Positive Role in Society
- » Bulgaria's Population Decreasing and Aging – NSI