Bulgaria's Pulev to Face American Joey Abell
Bulgaria’s heavyweight boxer Kubrat Pulev will fight Joey Abell of the United States on December 14 in Neubrandenburg, Germany.
On Friday, Sherman Williams pulled out of the match against Pulev due to injury, just a week before the event.
Abell has a career record of 29 wins and 6 losses. Meanwhile, Pulev is still undefeated in professional boxing.
The Bulgarian claims he is well prepared for the fight, and regardless of expecting a different opponent, the change in the last moment will not affect his strategy, reports Sportal.bg.
Pulev has been long awaiting a fight against world super-champion Wladimir Klitschko, which looks likely to happen in 2014.
- » Ferrer Eliminates Dimitrov from Monte Carlo Masters
- » Bulgaria’s Dimitrov to Face Third Consecutive Spaniard
- » Bulgaria Bids to Host Homeless World Cup 2016
- » Difficult, But Successful Start for Dimitrov in Monte Carlo
- » Georgi Mladenov Becomes Bulgaria’s National Basketball Coach
- » Michael Schumacher Showing 'Signs of Progress'
Getouttahere! Abell is only called "Ice" because of the number of ice-packs he needs to stick on his ugly mug! When Pulev has finished with him, "Ice" will wish he'd been back in the ring with an "easy" opponent like Arreola - at least HE took Abell out quickly and cleanly to end the poor sap's suffering.... ;)