Bulgarian President: Never Has the World Been So United in Mourning
Bulgaria's President Rosen Plevneliev sent his condolences for the death of Nelson Mandela, in a letter to his South African counterpart Jacob Zuma.
"Throughout his life, Nelson Mandela fought to defend and promote human dignity, freedom, and equality around Africa and the rest of the world. He touched millions, who shared his vision for peace and justice, for a world without violence, racism, and discrimination", wrote the Bulgarian Head of State.
Plevneliev pointed out that rarely has the world been so united in mourning the death of somebody.
"Nelson Mandela personified the power of the human soul, the relentless struggle against injustice, and the undying faith in goodness. He will remain in history as a great son of his people, Africa, and all of humanity", added Plevneliev.
The Bulgarian President also wrote in his letter that it is the duty of future generations to carry on the message of Nelson Mandela and work towards achieving his vision.
- » Ukraine, EU, Russia, US to Meet in Geneva
- » Bulgaria's President Accuses Russia of Destabilizing Ukraine
- » EU Approves EUR 1 B Aid Package to Ukraine
- » Ex-FM Solomon Passy: Bulgaria Is Only a Trojan Pawn of Russia
- » UNSC Fails to Agree on Ukraine amid Renewed Clashes
- » Russia's Ambassador to Bulgaria: We Will Respond to EU Sanctions