Bulgarian Parliament Pays Tribute to Late Nelson Mandela
Bulgarian Parliament Speaker Mihail Mikov invited MPs to pay tribute to the late South African President and Nobel Peace Prize winner Nelson Mandela.
"We mourn the loss of one of the greatest political figures of our time," Mikov said at the plenary session Friday.
"Mandela was a zealous and tireless fighter for justice, an embodiment of humanism, freedom and equality," Parliament Speaker added. According to Mikov, the first black President of South Africa was an inspiring role model for present and future generations of leaders.
"Mandela's work is an invaluable lesson for those who have the will to make the world a better place where human rights, freedom and peace are the highest values," Parliament Speaker concluded.
Nelson Mandela, former president of South Africa, died on Thursday, December 5, 2013. He was 95.
- » Dolphins 'to Take Part' in NATO Black Sea Drills - Report
- » Bulgaria's DPS Confirms EU Election List, Peevski Is Second
- » President Plevneliev, Vice-President Biden Discuss Ukraine
- » Ukraine, EU, Russia, US Strike Deal in Geneva
- » MEPs Oppose South Stream, Seek Sanctions against Russian Energy Firms
- » Bulgaria's GERB to Get Most EU Votes, Socialists Come Second – Poll