Bulgarian Parliament Pays Tribute to Late Nelson Mandela
Bulgarian Parliament Speaker Mihail Mikov invited MPs to pay tribute to the late South African President and Nobel Peace Prize winner Nelson Mandela.
"We mourn the loss of one of the greatest political figures of our time," Mikov said at the plenary session Friday.
"Mandela was a zealous and tireless fighter for justice, an embodiment of humanism, freedom and equality," Parliament Speaker added. According to Mikov, the first black President of South Africa was an inspiring role model for present and future generations of leaders.
"Mandela's work is an invaluable lesson for those who have the will to make the world a better place where human rights, freedom and peace are the highest values," Parliament Speaker concluded.
Nelson Mandela, former president of South Africa, died on Thursday, December 5, 2013. He was 95.
- » Bulgaria Reimbursed by EC for BGN 957M Aid Scheme for Farmers
- » Petition for Election Rules Referendum Brought to Parliament
- » Bulgarian Supreme Judicial Council Member To Be Sacked
- » Leader of DPS Party Vows Firm Support for Bulgaria's Coalition Govt
- » Bulgarian Socialists' Leader Warns Against Substitution of Politics
- » Bulgarian PM Highlights Main Achievements, Future Commitments