70 Illegal Immigrants Arrested on Bulgarian Border
70 people have been arrested in the last three days at Bulgarian-Turkish border during attempted illegal entry.
The Border police have identified 70 illegal trespassers. 52 of them were Syrian citizens.
Bulgaria is the gateway to the European Union for refugees fleeing Syria via Turkey, many crossing the border illegally to seek asylum.
The country has asked and is receiving EU aid in order to deal with the ongoing refugee influx.
- » Bulgaria's Customs Officers Bust 11.5 Tonnes Contraband Tobacco
- » Bulgaria's Common Crime Op Results in 26% Crime Drop – IM
- » 2008 Case over Fake Signature of Ex Sofia Mayor Borisov Enters Court
- » Bulgaria Police Find DNA Evidence of Organizer of Burgas Bus Bombing
- » 2 Masked Men Rob Bank Office in Bulgaria's Yambol
- » Armed Man Plunders Gas Station in Bulgaria's Sofia City