70 Illegal Immigrants Arrested on Bulgarian Border
70 people have been arrested in the last three days at Bulgarian-Turkish border during attempted illegal entry.
The Border police have identified 70 illegal trespassers. 52 of them were Syrian citizens.
Bulgaria is the gateway to the European Union for refugees fleeing Syria via Turkey, many crossing the border illegally to seek asylum.
The country has asked and is receiving EU aid in order to deal with the ongoing refugee influx.
- » US Embassy in Sofia's Ex-Employee Investigated over 'Mafia Links'
- » Bulgarian Court Overturns Marijuana Grower Acquittal
- » Bulgarian Clinic Reportedly Involved in Organ Transplants Ring
- » Bulgarian Customs Officers Bust Synthetic Drug Trafficking Channel
- » Bulgaria Is Leader in Skimmer Attacks – Report
- » Boss of US ATM Fraud Scheme 'Has Ties to Bulgarian Underworld'