South Africans Gather Outside Mandela's Home to Pay Tributes
South Africans have gathered outside the family home of Nelson Mandela in Johannesburg to pay tribute to the deceased former President.
The announcement of Mandela's death was made by South Africa's President Jacob Zuma late on Thursday night.
Following years of serious illness, the country's first black president passed away in the company of his family, at the age of 95.
The state funeral for Mandela will most likely take place in a week's time in his birth town of Qunu.
Until the funeral, President Jacob Zuma has ordered flags around South Africa to be "flown at half-mast."
- » South Korean Ferry Death Toll Tops 150
- » Lavrov Warns Russia Could Act in Ukraine as It Did in Georgia
- » Possible Malaysian Plane Debris Found in Australia
- » Ukraine's 'Anti-Terrorist' Operation Continues
- » Crimean Tatar Leader Barred from Entering Russia
- » Russia Bans Military and Police from Traveling Abroad