South Africans Gather Outside Mandela's Home to Pay Tributes
South Africans have gathered outside the family home of Nelson Mandela in Johannesburg to pay tribute to the deceased former President.
The announcement of Mandela's death was made by South Africa's President Jacob Zuma late on Thursday night.
Following years of serious illness, the country's first black president passed away in the company of his family, at the age of 95.
The state funeral for Mandela will most likely take place in a week's time in his birth town of Qunu.
Until the funeral, President Jacob Zuma has ordered flags around South Africa to be "flown at half-mast."
- » Floods Cause State of Emergency in 11 Serbian Municipalities
- » Turkish PM Inaugurates Drilling for Eurasia Tunnel
- » Austria to Receive 1000 Extra Refugees
- » Residents of France's Brittany Stage Rally to Demand Greater Autonomy
- » Christians Celebrate Easter, Pope Blesses World
- » South Korean Families Protest Over 'Slow' Rescue Operation