Bulgarian Opposition Want Parliament Vice-Speaker Fired
The parliamentary group of former Bulgarian ruling party GERB have filed a request for the stepping down of Bulgarian Socialist Party MP Maya Manolova from the position of Parliament Vice-Speaker.
GERB MPs are objecting to what they have called Manolova's systematic conducting of parliamentary sittings in breach of the house's internal rules.
In particular, they claimed that the socialist vice-chair worked to prevent opposition MPs from receiving adequate speaking time.
Thursday Bulgarian MPs hope to finalize the adoption of the state budget for 2014.
They have extended the ongoing plenary sitting until 8 pm.
- » Bulgaria's President Appoints New Electoral Body Member
- » Bulgaria's Customs Agency to Undergo Thorough Probe
- » Ex-Journalist Barekov: 'One More MP to Leave GERB'
- » Bulgaria to Spend BGN 31.5 M on Repairing Second-, Third-Class Roads
- » Bulgarian Parliament to Mark 135th Anniversary of Tarnovo Constitution
- » Parliament Finally Overturns Audit Office Act Veto
GERB is having a stupid laugh.
They don't bother turning up to Parliament (except to collect their pay) and they seek to remove a person who keeps Parliament Moving.
More stupid petty politics from GERB.
GERB how about working on some real issues then and not petty political points?
Sorry, it is above your IQ capacity.