Modern Airport Terminal Opens in Bulgaria's Burgas
The second terminal at the Bulgarian airport in Sarafovo, near the Black Sea city of Burgas, was officially opened Wednesday.
The concessionaire Fraport Twin Star Management AD has invested BGN 80 M in the facility and in the airport's infrastructure. The total investment of the company, including the new Varna airport terminal, as well as a new runway, exceeds BGN 200 M, Deputy Minister of Transport, Information technology and Communications Georgi Todorov pointed out.
Todorov stressed the project was a good example of a public-private partnership.
The Deputy Minister added that the government was working hard to attract new investments in the transport sector.
The Burgas terminal spreads on an area of 21 thousand sq m and has the most advanced conveyer belt.
The Mayor of Burgas Dimitar Nikolov said the terminal was safe and comfortable, providing public parking lots. The new facility offers restaurants, bars and shops.
The construction of the building meets all energy efficiency requirements, the management of the airport reported. The new terminal is expected to help exceed this year's record number of passengers and cargo. The design capacity is 2.7 million passengers and the check-in counters for passengers are 31.
- » Russian Energy Minister: We Will Proceed with South Stream
- » Construction of New Coastal Station at Port Varna Kicks Off
- » Bulgaria Will Fight for South Stream Gas Pipeline – Energy Minister
- » Bulgaria's Foreign Minister: Gas Supply Disruptions Not Ruled Out
- » Bulgaria Has Second Highest Growth of New Car Sales in Q1
- » Turkish Airlines Launches Direct Flights Varna – Istanbul