Ultra-Modern Bridge to Be Constructed in Plovdiv, Bulgaria
The City Hall of Bulgaria's second largest city of Plovdiv plans the construction of an ultra-modern bridge over Maritza river.
The new facility will be 30 m in overall dimensions, including two 10.5-meter-wide traffic lanes, a 3-meter-wide dividing strip and two 3-meter-wide sidewalks. Its route will pass over the existing drainage channel near the local Maritza stadium, where a wide-aperture 259-meter-llong collector will be constructed, the engineers from the Sofia based company "Iliya Burda" explained.
The Plovdiv Municipality commissioned the bridge project in March, following a public tender. The preliminary project approval is expected in the near future.
The designers are required to plan connections with the 'Maritza-South' and 'Maritza-North' Blvds and a junction with 'Bulgaria' Blvd.
The new bridge will provide a hassle-free transfer of traffic from the northern part of Plovdiv to the western districts, without passing over the railroad crossings, which will not be removed in the next 20 years.
- » Greece to Request Approval for Corporate Tax Cuts
- » Bulgaria's Debt Was EU's Second-Lowest in 2013
- » Ex Bulgarian President: Bulgaria Must Oppose South Stream Suspension
- » Apartment Prices in Bulgaria On the Rise After 1.5 Years' Drop
- » Retail Chains Contributed BGN 1 B in VAT to Bulgaria's Budget
- » Possible Gas Reserves at Bulgaria's Khan Asparuh Block at 100 bcm