Syrian Attacker of Bulgarian Shopkeeper Charged
A Syrian citizen, who attacked a shopkeeper in Bulgarian capital Sofia Monday night, has been charged.
He was arrested for 72 hours, and the prosecution would demand a permanent detention due to the higher degree of public danger of his crime, said spokesperson of the Prosecutor's Office Peter Belchev.
The 34-year-old Syrian Mohammed Ahmed Alsan Isharbe has been charged with attempted robbery and causing minor injuries to the shopkeeper.
The 19-year-old victim sought medical care but refused to be hospitalized.
- » Greek Police Seized Fake EUR 50 Banknotes Possibly Printed in Bulgaria
- » Chief Secretary of Interior: 2 Tonnes of Drugs Seized since January
- » CEPACA Distrains Property of Nesebar Mayor and Chief Architect
- » Trial Against Bulgaria's ex-IntMin Adjourned Again
- » Int'l Police Operation Busts Bulgarian Credit Card Fraud Ring
- » Bulgarians Busted for Heroin Traffic in Greece