Syrian Attacker of Bulgarian Shopkeeper Charged
A Syrian citizen, who attacked a shopkeeper in Bulgarian capital Sofia Monday night, has been charged.
He was arrested for 72 hours, and the prosecution would demand a permanent detention due to the higher degree of public danger of his crime, said spokesperson of the Prosecutor's Office Peter Belchev.
The 34-year-old Syrian Mohammed Ahmed Alsan Isharbe has been charged with attempted robbery and causing minor injuries to the shopkeeper.
The 19-year-old victim sought medical care but refused to be hospitalized.
- » Bulgaria's Common Crime Op Results in 26% Crime Drop – IM
- » 2008 Case over Fake Signature of Ex Sofia Mayor Borisov Enters Court
- » Bulgaria Police Find DNA Evidence of Organizer of Burgas Bus Bombing
- » 2 Masked Men Rob Bank Office in Bulgaria's Yambol
- » Armed Man Plunders Gas Station in Bulgaria's Sofia City
- » Bulgaria Police Uncover Tax Fraud Worth over BGN 30 M