Ukraine's UDAR, Klitschko Deny Ties with Bulgarian Politician
Opposition party Ukrainian Democratic Alliance for Reform (UDAR – Punch) of heavyweight boxing champion, Vitali Klitschko, has differentiated itself from controversial Bulgarian politician Nikolay Barekov.
On Monday, Barekov stated that his movement "Bulgaria without Censorship" will send volunteers to support Ukrainian pro-EU protests and in particular Klitschko's party.
"We see Ukraine's pro-Western, democratic and centrist formation of Vitali Klitschko, UDAR, as our political duplicate and are considering supportive action," "Bulgaria without Censorship" stated in a press release.
"Despite some reports in Bulgarian media, neither Vitali Klitschko nor UDAR party have any connections with the political entity "Bulgaria without Censorship" of Nikolay Barekov. Under no circumstances neither UDAR nor Vitali Klitschko have discussed or planned undertaking joint actions with the organization of Mr. Barekov," is stated in an official statement of the Ukrainian opposition party, cited by the Bulgarian "Standard" daily.
The statement was in the context of Klitschko's gratitude for "Bulgarian political structures of the European People's Party that have supported civil protest and the European future of Ukraine."
- » At least 4 Migrants Die as Boat Capsizes in Black Sea
- » Bulgarian President: 'Fight Against Corruption Must be Uncompromising'
- » Head of state: The Strategic Partnership Between Bulgaria and the United States is a Prerequisite For a Far more Active Cooperation in Investments
- » Intensified Police checks During the European Day Without a Road Death
- » ''Information Services'' Will Develop the Website of the Bulgarian Presidency of the Council of the EU
- » Uzbekistan Opens Market for Bulgarian Foods
UDAR stands for The Ukrainian Democratic Alliance for Reform of Vitali Klitschko. Really, UDAR should not be rendered as "punch", as this diminishes both the Alliance and Vitali Klitschko's role in current events. It's really about reforms not "a blow with the fist".